Nevada at UNLV odds, picks and prediction
The Nevada Wolf Pack (1-0, 1-0 Mountain West) and UNLV Rebels (0-1, 0-1) meet at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas for a 10:30 p.m. ET kickoff Saturday (on FS1). Below, we analyze the Nevada-UNLV college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Nevada at UNLV: Betting odds and lines
- Money line : Nevada -477 (bet $477 to win $100) | UNLV +350 (bet $100 to win $350)
- Against the spread/ATS : Nevada -13.5 (-110) | UNLV +13.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 59.5 (O: -106 | U: -115)
Nevada at UNLV: Three things to know
- Nevada beat Wyoming 37-34 in overtime last week in the opener for both MWC programs. The Wolf Pack let a 28-13 lead at the end of the third quarter slip away as the Cowboys stormed back in the fourth quarter to force overtime. Wolf Pack QB Carson Strong finished with 420 passing, including a 9-yard TD pass to Romeo Doubs in the extra period for the victory.
- The Fremont Cannon, awarded to the winner of Nevada-UNLV game, has gone to the Rebels in each of the past two seasons. However, Nevada leads the all-time series 18-10, with the Wolf Pack winning 11 of the previous 15 meetings.
- UNLV fell 34-6 at San Diego State in the debut of new head coach Marcos Arroyo, as nothing seemed to go right. The Rebels totaled just 186 total yards of offense, and 80 rushing yards, while coughing up 424 total yards with 287 rushing yards.
Nevada at UNLV: Odds, prediction, betting lines and picks
Nevada 36, UNLV 19
Money line (ML)
PASS. Nevada (-477), mostly impressive against Wyoming last week, have lost two in a row to UNLV (+350). As such, it isn't a good idea to post nearly five times your potential return.
Against the spread (ATS)
NEVADA ( -13.5, -110) heads into this rivalry game looking for a more complete performance. Yes, it won last week at home against a solid Wyoming team. However, the Cowboys lost their starting quarterback after three plays, fell behind, and scratched back. The Wolf Pack allowed Wyoming back into the game, and that's a concern. However, Nevada is still the bet here, as UNLV looked awful in San Diego.
UNDER 59.5 ( -115) is a worth playing based on UNLV's dismal performance in its opener. Nevada scored a lot of points last week, but it was at home. In the past 11 as road favorites, the Pack have hit the Under eight times, while going 27-10 in their past 37 as a favorite.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.