The Anna Lady Coyote powerlifting team is on a roll, claiming titles at recent meets in Gainesville and Paris. They bested the competition with 28 team points at the former and 40 team points at the latter.
At Gainesville High School on Jan. 24, Anna’s medalists in their respective weight classes included:
- Vicky Aragon-Marcial, first place, 755-pound total lift
- FeKyra Wells, first place, 975 total
- Ashley Enriquez-Castro, first place, 1,170 total
- Rebekah Roberts, second place, 535 total
- Victoria Bautista, fourth place, 470 total
Other Lady Coyotes who competed at GHS were Maura Ballard, Savannah Diaz, Trinity Greenwood, Brooke Hodge, Hallie Nance, Allyson Richardson and Emma Wolf.
At Paris High School on Feb. 7, Anna medalists included:
- Roberts, first place, 570-pound total lift
- Aragon-Marcial, first place, 795 total
- Macy Davis, first place, 1,100 total
- Wells, first place, 995 total
- Enriquez- Castro, first place, 1,190 total
- Savannah Diaz , second place, 615 total
Other girls competing at PHS were Jasmyne Dumas, Delanie Hamilton, Gabriella Parks, Richardson, Wolf and Hodge.
At both Gainesville and Paris, Aragon-Marcial was awarded Best Lifter honors in the lightweights and at Paris Davis was named Best Lifter in the heavy platforms.
“I have been really impressed with how dedicated the girls have been the last couple of weeks in practice,” Lady Coyotes head coach Chris Anderson said. “And that hard work has shown up in the meets. Some of the best powerlifting teams are here in North Texas - both boys and girls - and for us to be able to compete with them is a huge credit to our girls. We have great senior leadership, talented young lifters and lifters who are respectful of the sport and represent their school with integrity and pride. Hopefully, this will carry us into regionals on Feb. 26th.”
The Anna girls lift at Howe on Feb. 14 then begin preparations for the regional meet, also at Gainesville.