Melissa Public Library Provides Icy Relief: With the cold weather again upon us, bring your gently used coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats and gloves to the Melissa Public Library. Donations will be distributed by the Melissa Food Pantry.
Free 2nd Friday Movie night will be Dec. 13 at 7 p.m. at the Melissa City Hall in the City Council chambers. Bring a can of food for admission. This month, enjoy Disney’s "Planes."
Game days with the Seniors: Join us on the second, third and fourth Thursdays as friends of all ages meet from noon to 3 p.m. in the Melissa Public Library for fun, friendship and gentle competition. Before game time on Dec. 12, meet at the Melissa High School for lunch with the students. December game days at the library are Dec. 12, 19 and 26.
Story time in the Melissa Public Library – Fridays – 10:15-11:00 a.m. – lap babies and up. Here is what is coming in December:
· No story times on Dec. 13, 27 and January 3.
· Friday, December 20, 2 p.m. (notice the time change so we can enjoy our early elementary patrons) is a half-day of school in Anna and Melissa. There will be a short musical program and more. This special story time will feature Texas author Debbie Reece sharing her acclaimed picture book, The Christmas Pumpkin. We will meet Miss Debbie in the city council chambers and hear the story. There will be a book signing in the lobby afterward and some crafts to enjoy. This will be especially fun for preschoolers through grade 4, but all are welcome. Start your holiday vacation with a traditional holiday story!
Melissa Public Library Stuff: Support your Melissa Public Library this holiday season!
· Add a shelf: The library needs more shelves for all your great books. Donate $20 for a half shelf, $40 for a full shelf. You will be recognized on a plaque for helping us "Stack the Shelves."
· Commemorative 20 year shirts will be available in the library for $12 each, $2 more for 2xl and 3xl. They are the heavyweight cotton.
· Our annual Library ornament will commemorate the original little red library!. They are $10 each and the previous year is available also.
· The Friends of the Melissa Public Library 20 Year Cookbook is available in the library. The recipes are yummy, we tried them for Thanksgiving.
Intro to Essential Oils — 11 a.m. to noon — Saturday, Dec. 7 and Saturday, Dec. 21. Are you concerned about using synthetic drugs and their cascading side effects? Are you open to learning about the possibility of other effective healthcare solutions? Would you like the option of trying natural solutions to common health concerns such as Acne, Arthritis, Asthma, Burns, Cuts, Headaches/Migraines, Insomnia, Warts, etc.? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, come learn about and experience an emerging category of natural wellness alternatives…certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils. This is a citizen-led discussion, and the program is not endorsed by the City of Melissa.
The Melissa Public Library will have reduced hours this holiday season. On Tuesday, Dec. 24, we will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and closed on Christmas Day and New Years Day. Remember, you can renew your materials by emailing email@example.com.