Westminster College will be recognized with a Texas historical marker on Oct. 5. The marker dedication will take place at 10 a.m. at the Westminster Baptist Church at 100 E. Public Road in Westminster (one block north of FM2862 at College). The
public is invited. The college was also known as Westminster Baptist Academy and North Texas Baptist Academy and was affiliated with Baylor College at one time. After the college closed in 1918, the building was used as the sanctuary for
Westminster Baptist Church until the 1970s. For more information, contact Joy Gough at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-941-9535.