1. Holiday Open House: Enjoy guided tours of the Sam Rayburn House State Historic site trimmed in period-appropriate decor for the holiday season. The house will be open from 1-4 p.m. Saturday at 890 E. State Highway 56, Bonham. This event is free and everyone welcome. The theme this year is, “A World War I Christmas” in recognition of U.S. entry into World War I in 1917.
2. Winter Wonderland Parade: From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., there will be a vendor’s section with a bake sale and live music in downtown Anna on Saturday. The parade will begin at noon. Santa Land will be at Crow’s Café Patio from 1-2 p.m.
3. Christmas on Haning Street: The Howe Christmas parade will start at the Howe Middle School gym parking lot, travel to Haning Street and then come back around to Howe Middle School. The parade starts at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
4. Holiday Arts and Craft Fair: The city of Allen will host this festival of treats from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Joe Farmer Recreation Center, 1201 E. Bethany Rd., Allen. The idea is to promote community and get people excited about the holidays with fun and unique handmade items.
5. Artsy Elves: There will be free face painting and balloon animals available Saturday at the Allen Premium Outlets, 820 W. Stacy Road in Allen. The event will be held in the children’s play area next to Under Armour.
For more information on area events, visit heralddemocrat.eviesays.com.