CORRECTION: This story has been edited to correct the title of Anna Police Investigator Rush Smith.

A manhunt that started just before 11 a.m. Saturday ended almost 24 hours later when law enforcement search dogs located the suspect Sunday morning.

Anna Police Investigator Rush Smith and Van Alstyne Police Chief Tim Barnes shared the following information on the incident that brought more law enforcement into the sound end of Grayson County than it'd had for a long time.

Smith said that Anna PD officers made a traffic stop on a vehicle on U.S. Hwy. 75. The driver pulled over near County Line Road, and police quickly learned that the driver had no form of identification on him and declined to identify himself. They returned to their patrol car and, while getting identification information, the driver cranked his engine up and sped away.

The pursuit turned off U.S. 75 and wound around the small back roads until Worth wrecked his car on John Marr Road. There, he got out and ran into the nearby field. Police chased, but the suspect was able to evade capture.

Anna Police immediately sought help from Van Alstyne police in searching for Worth, whom they had identified by that point. Anna Police called in many other agencies, including Collin and Grayson County deputies, the U.S. Marshal Task Force, Howe Police, the Department of Public Safety, who, Barnes said, provided an overhead search with their helicopter; and search dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice's Bonham location. There were also search dogs brought to Van Alstyne by Sherman Police and the Collin County Sheriff's Office.

“It was hot, and the dogs and the officers had a large area to cover,” Barnes said. Smith said they called the search off at about 7 p.m.

Barnes said that during the night the police got a call set off by a commercial alarm at the Foxworth Galbraith plant on FM 3133. Smith said that police also received several calls of possible sightings of the fugitive through the night. Van Alstyne Police had put the fugitive's name, description and mug shot on its Facebook page. That triggered much of the response, which Barnes said came from people as far south as Dallas.

Early Sunday morning, about 5:45 a.m., Van Alstyne Police located a woman in a stopped vehicle on Industrial Parkway, and they identified her inside as Worth's mother.

“Obviously, we knew then that he (Worth) was still in the area,” Barnes said.

The search began again and Van Alstyne called Anna Police back in to help at about 6 a.m., and they soon were joined again by law enforcement from those many other agencies.

Van Alstyne Police posted at 9:30 a.m. Sunday on their Facebook page that they had a “large law enforcement presence in the area of FM 3133 from Hwy 5 to Industrial Parkway. Please avoid the area. We will keep this page updated.”

The search dogs picked up Worth's scent near the Foxworth Galbraith location on FM 3133, followed it, and were led directly to Worth, who was hiding in the foliage on the east side of the railroad tracks. Both Smith and Barnes reported that Worth, skinned up from having crashed and/or from running through so much brush and weeds, gave up without incident.

Barnes said no one — law enforcement, the public, or the suspect — was injured.

It was a K-9 unit that found him, it was the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force who took him into custody, and it was Anna PD who transported Worth to Collin County Jail, where he remains on a warrant charging him with parole violation.

Both Barnes and Smith said those two agencies will be filing new charges against the 33-year-old Allen resident, and those could include evading arrest, and possession of controlled substance (marijuana, methamphetamine, pills), and maybe other felony offenses after police make their final investigations.

Smith said Worth wasn't armed.

Collin County court and jail records show that Worth has a criminal history dating back to 2003, with the most recent being arrests and convictions in 2016 on charges of evading arrest and possession of controlled substance.

“Anna PD thanks all the agencies involved and their diligence in lending resources for help,” Smith said.

Barnes agreed.

“It was a great combination of dedication to help,” he said.

Barnes said it also helped that information was put on the Facebook page.

“The reason he couldn't move is because of the law enforcement presence in the area,” Barnes said. “We stayed diligent and had several people who called in saying they saw him and giving us locations.”