Kindness Week returns to Melissa Schools and the City of Melissa next month from Monday, May 15 through Friday, May 19.
Mayor Reed Greer signed and sealed an official proclamation on Thursday designating May 15-19, 2017 a Week of Kindness for the City of Melissa.
The proclamation is on display at each of the school front offices and at the Home Office.
The Kindness Week proclamation reminds students and faculty that:
• Respect, dignity, compassion, and humility are essential in creating and maintaining a civilized society.
• We hold the power of kindness within us.
• In using our power of kindness, we can create a ripple effect.
• Everyone can make a difference in our community and our world.
• Through random acts of kindness, we can help to make our community a better place, and ourselves and those around us better people.
• We all can cultivate caring, kindness, and compassion within our community through Random Acts of Kindness.
Melissa Schools students and faculty plan to honor Kindness Week through Random Acts of Kindness. Follow the district’s activities — and join in with your own — through the hashtag #MelissaKind on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.